Sunday, October 05, 2008

Interior Paint Colors

Believe it or not, it wasn't too hard to choose paint colors this time around. I mean, I only had to put up 16 different samples up this time. Part of the reason it went a little less painfully was that I reused two colors I loved from 24th street house (in the same applications as well - Benjamin Moore Sweet Caroline in the nursery and Ben Moore Smoldering Red in the library).
  • Trim color - Sherwin Williams Alabaster (SW 7008).
  • Library - Benjamin Moore Smoldering Red (2007-10)
  • Powder room - Sherwin Williams Grassland (SW 6163)
  • Master bedroom - Sherwin Williams Amazing Gray (SW 7044)
  • Nursery - Benjamin Moore Sweet Caroline (478)
  • Reese's bedroom - Sherwin Williams Loveable (SW 6590)
  • Children's bathroom - Sherwin Williams North Star (SW 6246)
  • All remaining rooms/hallways - Sherwin Williams Worldly Gray (SW 7043)
The library and stained doors will be done in a dark stain (custom mix that looks like Minwax Jacobean). I still have to select a floor stain, but I have a few ideas in mind. We originally wanted a really dark floor, but because of natural lighting issues in the house and the vary dark cabinets, we'll go with a lighter color. From this palette, I'll likely start playing around with Provincial, Early American, and Chestnut. We'll have to see how the stain looks on the oak floors/in context of our lighting.

3 comments:

Rachele said...

I look forward to seeing if I can tell the difference between Worldly and Amazing. :)

mom2reese said...

LOL. The Worldly is noticeably lighter (Amazing is too dark for the majority of the house). I didn't bother putting up a sample of Anew Gray because it would have driven me nuts (that was the other one we liked that was super-close to Amazing).

Maria said...

Woo hoo! You know I didn't even bother. I agonized for weeks on which white/off white to choose. I know it will be 5 years before I make up my mind on anything other than that. LOL