Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Getting there...

With tons of help from my sister, we're somewhat unpacked. I still have stacks of boxes to sort through, but they have been moved into the guest room so that the main living areas are clear. We're really enjoying the new house, and J and I both have commented on how it immediately felt like "home".

I've put off taking pictures for the blog since there are punchlist items to be done and I'm still in the process of hanging up my artwork. I've put a few pieces up, and it's really nice to move from the unpacking phase to decorating. Now the fun really begins! We had a ton of things in storage, and most of our belongings still work for the decor of this house. I did have a new couch made for the living room, but luckily we still like most of our furniture (side whine: I ordered the couch Nov. 2 and it's not going to be done until the end of the month!) I want to eventually replace our dining room table for something bigger since it only seats 6 and is a little small for the scale of the room. This purchase will have to wait since we want (and need!) to put the kibosh on unnecessary spending.

Anyhoo, I digress. Hopefully I'll get my act together and get the paintings off the floor and will take "After" pictures soon!

3 comments:

Rachele said...

I LOVE that piece of art!!

mom2reese said...

Thanks! It's a piece I bought recently. Michael's is having a rare 60% off framing sale this week (it's usually just 50% off), so I'm going to break my "unnecessary spending" rule and get it framed.

Maria said...

From what I've seen, it looks amazing already! We're in the market for a new couch as well since our cats have destroyed ours since living here (sigh, so much for our no spending rule!)

I can't believe you are almost settled already even with the new baby!